Amam: more than a sauna
AMAM was the first gay sauna to open in Cambodia in February 2008. Since that time, others have followed in his steps… but AMAM remains very different from its challengers :
- First, Amam is a non-profit establishment whose aim is to remain accessible for as many people as possible by maintaining an affordable entrance fee, mainly for young gay Cambodians, through a monthly membership card system which decreases the entrance fee to $1.
- Amam is strongly involved in a prevention and education about sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). In partnership with an NGO (Family Health International), Amam provides its young clientele with illustrated information about sexual health, flyers written in the Khmer language, condoms and lubricants.
- Amam is a family business where all the staff live on the premises, and therefore ensure the maintenance of a friendly and clean establishment for the satisfaction of its customers.
For these reasons, the atmosphere is really different from the stereotypical anonymous commercial gay sauna and that is why Amam remains the most popular spot of this kind in Phnom Penh.
Saron, the young owner-manager establishes a true friendly relationship with his customers, and if they wish, they can enter without paying any fee in order to chat, get some information, meet friends, drink a complimentary glass of water, listen to all kinds of music (Khmer pop, rock, electronic and world music)…
With the financial support of a donor, Amam has recently built a new floor and extended its facilities cover 4 levels :
- café /reception, locker room, steam room, sauna and showers,
- fitness room and video room,
- whirlpool-jacuzzi in open-air terrace,
- private bungalows and dark room.
Amam is open 6 days a week (closed on Monday), from 4.30 pm to 10 pm (no entrance after 9 pm).
#20A, Street 390
For all their information check their website – http://www.amam-cambodia.com/
Gay owned and managed. Luxury at its height. If you’re tired after walking the day around museums and want to genuinely relax before a heavy night out, then try Bodia. They also have 2 locations in Siem Reap – Heritage and Psa Chas.
Sothearos Blvd & Street 178
See their website for more – www.bodia-spa.com/spa-phnom-penh-cambodia.html
Welcome to Hatha Khmer Massage, the Supreme Man massage in Phnom Penh and now has opened a new location in Siem Reap Province. Hatha Khmer gives you an enjoyable and memorable massage experience in every way.
Stay with us—Get off from the stresses & hassles. Simply unwind & relax yourself , indulging therapy. Let every tissue of your body for a total revitalization and retreat. You deserve the unique & best one!
You don’t have to consider anywhere else as we here give you the best massage materials & service you have been dreaming of, but at a value for money price only!
We provide a big discount 20% for every Tuesday and service at the hotel.
*** The Best & Unique massage therapy in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap…… Enjoy your moment with us……..
There is a cool garden coffee bar in the front of the house where you can go to meet other gays discreetly.
#32, Street 368
They have a website – http://www.hathakhmerspa.com/
Gay owned and managed, Our professionally trained masseurs will provide you a truly relaxing and revitalizing experience by offering a pleasant combination of body massage treatments with high grade natural essences and aromatic oils to activate blood circulation, relief fatigue, eliminate toxic wastes, and reduce cellulite buildup creating your sensory journeys to rejuvenate and balance the senses.
#111, Street 470
Their facebook page says:
Business Hour: 2.00PM – 11.00PM
contact us by: (+855) – 012 788 585
Welcome to Our service :
– Suana & steam
– Hot Water pool
– Body & Old Massage (Professional)
– Free Fish massage
– Free Internet & wifi
– Free Leg massage Machine
– We have beauty show on Tuesday & Saturday
Just 4$ for all items
#103, Street 105
They have a facebook page on http://www.facebook.com/pages/Love-Spa-For-Man/251106941585923
A great massage (mixed) located in a cozy neighborhood with very cute, friendly and accommodating staff. Traditional Khmer style massages and treatments, you can pick your own masseur. Open early afternoons, for a great way to start your day. Walking distance from The Manor House.
#E31, Street 278
Gay managed, the largest gay sauna in Cambodia. Massage, gym, Jacuzzi, steam room, video rooms, and private rooms, Very popular with the locals. Ladyboy dance show every 15th & 30th of the Month. Every Saturday there is a “special program”. Three floor to cruise, relax, enjoy a massage, or eat in their nice restaurant. Can sit on the upstairs balcony and enjoy a view of the area. Sister sauna in Siem Reap.
#59, Street 350
They have some really good photos on their website here – http://www.romanticcambodia.com